May 22, 2011

Sleepy Bunny

“Mommy!” my little one yelled from the side door of our house, “Come quick! There’s a sleeping bunny!”

I came running. We get bunnies from time to time. Bunnies in our yard always remind me of Watership Down and I always apologize if ever I have to I start up our hrududu and drive off while they are nearby.

Never have we  seen one ever taken a nap in our yard. Sure enough though, there it was in the fur, lying on its side and snoozing just 10 feet from our door. I ran for the camera to get a few shots but I had trouble focusing well through the screen. So I got brave and slowly opened the door. The bunny didn’t move. Maybe it knew that I was the one who had put out the celery leaves for her the previous day. Either way…

sleepy bunny lounging

Slowly, she roused herself,

sleepy bunny

yawned,

 sleepy bunny stretch 

stretched,

 sleepy bunny stretch yawn

…and yawned again. Finally she sat up for a minute to collect herself. Then she hopped off.

I put out some carrots for her after that. Fingers crossed she comes back to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment