May 19, 2009

Planting with Broken Pots

As you may know I've spent the last several months making a truckload of ceramic garden stakes, so I thought it just might be appropriate for me to actually *plant* the herb garden too. I use fresh herbs in my cooking all the time, so why not?

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have a terribly black thumb. Nevertheless, I'm keeping my fingers crossed (sans the thumb) that my herb garden will somehow not know that it was me who planted it. My daughters helped me and the jury is still out on what color their thumbs are, so with any luck together we’ll fool the basil.

As an usual accent, we lined the edges of the garden with broken pottery shards. That was particularly fun - we took some of my old unusable or flawed pottery pieces and we smashed them down onto concrete. I'm sorry that I didn't think to record the delicious sound that made...it was an indescribable sensory delight. It made the girls giggle and the neighbors peek over the fence to see what we could possibly be doing! (There goes the neighborhood!)

No comments:

Post a Comment