May 10, 2009

Mother’s Day

My first experience celebrating Mother’s Day as the mother being celebrated (as opposed to the daughter celebrating her mother) was when I was pregnant with my first born. A friend of the family sent me a Mother’s Day card in the mail and I read it in disbelief, partly amused that I would soon be a mother and partly shocked into realizing that this meant I too could legitimately celebrate Mother’s Day. Today my girls are 7 and 9 and I revel in the pampering and handmade gifts that they shower upon me.

Here is a picture taken sometime in the mid 70s of me, a friend and my mother on the day we added our Siamese cat, Rastis, into the family. I’m the little cowgirl on the right with the fabulous hair and the exquisite one is Mom.

I miss her, on Mother’s Day especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment